Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Up Up & Away Mix


I'm not posting an "End of the Weak" mix this week because I really wasn't on my computer to find any new music or obsessions. I did, however, spend a couple hours (at least 5 or 6) compiling, researching, and finding songs to fit into a theme for "flight", "airplanes", and "distance".

The mix is very laid back... 90's inspired but with a modern flair. It's not as pop or dance inspired as my other mixes usually are. I wouldn't use the word "indie" to describe it at all, but it does have a sort of stripped feeling to it with a hint of fun, upbeat sounding songs. It's a cohesive mix that fuses together 90's "rock" with modern hip hop and a hint of j-pop. Just bare with me...








1. Bright Eyes - At The Bottom Of Everything (4:34)
2. Air - Surfing on a Rocket (3:45)
3. Bloc Party - Helicopter (3:40)
4. Of Montreal - You Are An Airplane (4:24)
5. t.A.T.u. - Cosmos (Outer Space) (She Wants Revenge Remix) (5:36)
6. Liz Phair - Stratford-On-Guy (2:59)
7. Utada Hikaru - Traveling (5:17)
8. Queens of the Stone Age - Auto Pilot (4:02)
9. M.I.A. - Paper Planes (Scottie B. Remix) (4:04)
10. Radiohead - Lucky (4:19)
11. B.o.B. - Airplanes (Part II) [feat. Hayley Williams & Eminem] (5:10)
12. Björk - Aeroplane (4:03)
13. Jason Mraz - Plane (5:14)
14. KiD CuDi - Up Up & Away (3:48)
15. Jimmy Eat World - Goodbye Sky Harbor (16:10)

UP UP & AWAY

0 comments:

Post a Comment