Wednesday, April 14, 2010

DIPLO REMIX


I decided to upload an artist compilation this week instead of a micromix of the stuff I've been listening to in the past week.

I had a lot of ideas... I was originally going for a 'featured Justin Timberlake' mix of songs with other people's songs that feature Justin. Later I scrapped the idea and decided on a Diplo remix mix.

In case you have not heard of him... Diplo is a Philly based DJ, producer, songwriter who has worked with a wide variety of artists from M.I.A. to Spank Rock to Amanda Blank to making remixes for Madonna, Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake, Hot Chip, Bloc Party, etc. Currently he's promoting and touring for his collabortive music act with producer Switch: Major Lazer. He really doesn't have a specific genre and does things based off of what inspires him lately.

He's a really funny and knowledgeable guy. His twitter is probably one of my favorites to read. Besides from his ruggedly, beautiful, aryan looks, Diplo is a very interesting person to follow. I'm a pretty big fan of his recent electric and dubstep inspired stuff. I'm not a big fan of the baile funke stuff he was doing for a while. I like the current direction he's going musically.

With all that said... I decided to make a mix compilation of some of Diplo's remixes for download. I even fucked around on photoshop to make a quick fake album cover for the mix.

Hope you all enjoy it and I hope you all give Diplo some props via twitter.




1. M.I.A. - Bird Flu (Diplo Remix) (3:12)
2. Bloc Party - Where is Home? (Diplo Remix) (6:26)
3. Gucci Mane - Excuse Me (Diplo Remix) (3:34)
4. Dance Area - AA 24/7 (Diplo Remix) (5:24)
5. Spoon - Don't You Evah (Diplo Remix) (5:11)
6. Santogold - Starstruck (Diplo Remix) (4:37)
7. M.I.A. - Galangaton (Diplo Remix) (2:04)
8. Britney Spears - Circus (Diplo Alt Clown Mix) (3:12)
9. Dirty Money - Angels (Diplo Remix) (5:09)
10. Kanye West - Flashing Lights (Diplo Remix) (5:16)
11. Sunday Girl - Four Floors (Diplo Remix) (4:22)
12. TV On The Radio - Staring At The Sun (Diplo Remix) (4:09)
13. Dead Prez - Hip Hop (Diplo Remix) (4:49)
14. I Blame Coco - Caesar (Diplo Remix) [feat. Robyn] (5:11)
15. Madonna - Hung Up (Diplo Remix) (4:47)
16. MGMT - Time To Pretend (Diplo Remix) (4:28)
17. Hot Chip - Shake A Fist (Diplo Remix) (4:05)

0 comments:

Post a Comment