Wednesday, April 7, 2010

'End of the Weak' Mix #3


Week 3 of the "End of the Weak" mix... I just wanna say that this blog is NOT a music blog dedicated to leaked tracks or albums; I'm merely just posting music I'm listening to recently. I am not dedicating my time and energy into updating this blog constantly with music I find online. I want this blog to reflect who I am personally and music is a big part of my life so it's only natural for some of my updates to revolve around music. These "EotW" mixes are just songs that I have been playing on repeat for the week. Some may be new releases/new leaks and others may be year or two old songs that I've been having on rotation.

brought to you by miss pop-off herself, miss tanisha... the HCIC (head cunt in charge)




8. Kid Sister - Big N Bad from the album Ultraviolet

I instantly fell in love with Kid Sis' album when I heard it last Nov. Her rapping is pretty fresh and her album is very dancey! What do you expect when you have one of your singles produced by Steve Angello & Sebastian Ingrosso!! Anyway "Big N Bad" is a really good song off the album (along with all of it).




7. HEALTH - Die Slow from the album GET COLOR

HEALTH... how do I begin to describe this band. It's very hard for me to explain this kind of stuff because yes I know the band exists but it's so hard to just put bands like this into a specific genre. My music knowledge is fairy large but mostly mainstream. You could probably blame that on going through assorted music stages growing up. First was radio top 40, then old school BET, and then country music. I turned maybe 11 or 12 and I really established my "musical identity" with feel good pop/dance music. Fast forward 10 years later or so and here comes like so many genres and sub-genres of music. You don't just have indie music anymore... you have like hundreds and thousands of sub-genres. ANYWAY... it was because I spent a ridiculous amount of time making a "LOST" video that included "DIE SLOW" that I started replaying the song this week. Check it out. If I HAD to describe it in two words... I'd say "melodic noise".




6. Mariah Carey - H.A.T.E. U original track from the album Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel w/ additional remixing done by the Jumpsmokers.

Usually there is a song that gets remixed and actually sounds better than the original. I can probably name like 3 off the top of my head (Dave Aude's remix of Kelly Clarkson's "Never Again", Mount Sims' Italo kiss remix of Madonna's "Nobody Knows Me", & David Morales' remix of Mariah Carey's "Say Somethin"). This is one of those times. The Jumpsmokers made the boring, sappy love-hate song into something thumpy and swayable. It may not be played at a dance club but it's definitely better than the stale original. (I blame The Dream's production...).




5. Sunday Girl - Four Floors (Diplo Remix) w/ additional remixing done by Diplo

This is the jam! This is another example of the remix surpassing the original. I don't know anything about this Sunday Girl-Girl except that homegirl's British. I'd actually prefer to keep it that way. She seems like she is gonna annoy me. She seems kind of pretentious and Fiona Apple looking... Love Fiona but this girl... I'm not too sure. Did she suck Diplo's dick for him to remix the track? That was a dick worth sucking because he definitely helped the song tons. I'm not saying that because I have a hardon for him... I can assure you that I'm much more interested in what Diplo has to say/produce/remix for than much of his music. I'm not a hater... but I much prefer his dub-step stuff to his like ragga-jungle-reggae shit.




4. Trina - My Bitches from the forthcoming album Amazin'

Queen T did it again... This song is like a womyn's empowerment anthem! From what I have heard from "Amazin'" I know I'm gonna LOVE it.




3. Say Anything - Wow, I Can Get Sexual Too from the album Is A Real Boy

This version is different from the album version. It doesn't have the annoying telephone ringing and has some different drum beats and stuff. It's actually a demo! I had to like beg a really good friend of mine to send me it since I broke my ipod that had it on there and I couldn't find a decent quality one on the internet.

This song brings me back to such great memories! 2007 was such a great year for music and for me. I was surrounded by great friends in a beautiful city living life by myself and actually going somewhere. This song brings me back to that time...




2. TV on the Radio - Ambulance from the album Desperate Youth, Blood Thirsty Babes

I don't know much about TV on the Radio except that they make really interesting music. It's not just a certain genre but actually a mix of all sorts of crazy things. From electro type music to rock to jazz to acapella... This song is a totally sweet "lovey" type song but sung acapella. The lyrics are written well and the song is such a beautiful thing to hear. Truly beautiful music.




1. Miike Snow - Silvia (Sebastian Ingrosso & Dirty South Remix) from the album Miike Snow w/ additional remixing by "Sebastion Ingrosso" & "Dirty South"

YES. This is the OFFICIAL VERSION that was just released a day or two ago... (The official time for this version is 7:12... if your version is not this time then you have the fake fan-version or the version edited by Tiesto (i believe).) This remix is so fuckin' AMAZING. I waited a really long time for this remix to come out. It is truly amazing and does the original justice. This is a must download for any dance mix.



PIRATE BITCHES GET ANOTHER BLOG

0 comments:

Post a Comment