Sunday, March 21, 2010

'End of the Weak' Mix

Hopefully I can do this every week. Basically, I will upload and post my favorite and most listened to tracks/remixes at the end of the week.



brought to you by the diamond princess' booty...







6. Estelle - 'Freak (feat. Kardinal Offishall)' from the forthcoming album "All of Me"

Estelle performed this song on BET's 'Rip the Runway' and I really liked it. The song is produced by David Guetta and samples Soul II Soul's 'Back to Life'.






5. Trina - 'Eat Your Heart Out' from the mixtape "Definition of a Million Dollar Girl"

I downloaded Trina's "Definition of a Million Dollar Girl" mixtape the other day and I was very much surprised by how much I liked it. My main beef with mixtapes is the tracks are usually like 1 minute long and full of DJ tags and screams. This mixtape actually has the average song time on each track. It also has the tags and screams which annoys me to NO end but after a while you hardly notice they are there. I really liked the song because it's not exactly your average Trina song. I love how you can tell Trina is having fun with the track.






4. Trina - 'Loyalty' from the mixtape "Trick or Trina"

I knowwww I've been on Trina's jock the whole duration of this here blog... I apologize for that. I can't help it! I'm a fan of fierce ass females. This track is called "Loyalty" and is off the "Trick or Trina" mixtape. The thing about this mixtape is it's only six tracks long and isn't full of dj tags or screams! All the songs are good on it too! I love this joint because it's very melodic and mid-tempo. Trina is spitting truth about life and friends. Love me some truth...






3. Sugababes - 'She's a Mess' from the album "Sweet 7"

A non-Trina track! This song is INSANE. The song is on their album "Sweet 7" that I hear is getting some really bad reviews. I listened to it. It's not bad. It's not balanced. The end has like 3 slow to mid-tempo songs and the beginning is pretty upbeat. I'd like to say that's because the last 3 tracks are produced by Stargate. I'm usually bored by his productions. This song is produced by the Smeezingtons; I have never heard of them before. The is really fun. Take a listen.






2. Belinda - 'Wacko' from the forthcoming album "Carpe Diem"

There is something about Belinda that I love. She may not have the vocal range of a traditional singer but her songs are always fun. That's what a good pop song is about... having fun and letting loose. This song is actually a Spanish cover of an english song called "Not Your Kind of Girl" by dutch artist Kim-Lian. Belinda's album "Utopia" had her singing Spanish versions/covers of other people's songs. Sia, Pussycat Dolls, Skye Sweetnam, & Esthero all had their songs/b-sides/unreleased songs covered by Belinda in Spanish. I listened to Belinda's album "Carpe Diem" and I liked it. It was very sweet. It needs more upbeat songs... there are quite a few slow songs. It's a grower. This song is one of the few upbeat dancey songs.






1. Trina - 'Going Ham' from the mixtape "Trick or Trina"

GUESS WHO'S BACK IN THE MOTHAFUCKIN HOUSE??? This song is one of my favs lately. There is something about the phrase "going ham" that I just love (probably the food reference). Apparently the phrase comes from Atlanta. I recently saw Chris Brown tweeting the phrase and spent like 20 minutes figuring out what it meant. I searched through Urban Dictionary to no avail when I finally got smart and googled the whole phrase, i found it! It means to basically do something violently. Then by chance I found out Trina made a song with the phrase off the mixtape "Trick or Trina"... I had fallen in love. It's my current ringtone and a usual Trina set's that shit off.




RECORD EXEC BITCHES GET A GRIP

0 comments:

Post a Comment