Tuesday, March 30, 2010

'End of the Weak' Mix #2

Week 2 of the "End of the Weak" mix... I know I'm like 2 days late. Whatever. DEAL.

brought to you by the queen MC herself, DJ BritNasty



6. Kylie Minogue - Boombox (LA Riots Remix) from the album "Boombox: The Remix Album 2000-2008"

I know this track is pretty old; however, I wanted to add it because the original version FINALLY leaked this week. It's okay... I guess I can tell WHY it's unreleased. It's nothing special but it's nice to hear an original demo/track by Kylie.




5. Dirty Money - Hello, Good Morning (feat. T.I.) from the forthcoming Diddy album "Last Train to Paris"

I honestly can tell you right now that I had NO idea who Dirty Money was until tonight when I stumbled upon this track. Apparently Dirty Money is Diddy's new group compiled of Danity Kane reject Dawn Richards & songwriter Kalenna. This track is so fuckin' HOT. T.I.'s rap is on point and the track is produced by Danja (who is a FUCKIN' GENIUS). Much love for this track even if I don't particularly care for Diddy and his entourage (stemming from my hate for Miss Cassie Ventura).




4. Bark Bark Bark - One Thing Stands from the album "Haunts"

Bark Bark Bark is this experimental electronic-indie-clash bullshit "band" from Arizona. I say "band" because it's basically this guy named Jacob doing shit from his parent's basements. Everytime I google Bark Bark Bark I always read these like reviews from kids who say he is a fucking backwash ass douche... it's really funny. Either he is REALLY hated or he has like 4 or 5 people talkin' shit about him online. Online is saying too much... he only has a myspace page and basically the info on his label... nada mas! BBB isn't even on youtube (so sorry... no previews... but TRUST ME... you gotta cop this stuff).

I love his tracks a lot... This song sorta starts off with a semi-orchestra semi-serious beat that ends up having electric clash thrown in. His voice is exactly what you'd expect from an indie artist... It's hard to explain and it's even harder to get people to listen to him. Whatever. Just trust me. Try it out.


3. Britney Spears - 3 (Dirty Disco Youth Dub Remix) original track on the album "The Singles Collection" w/ remix production from "Wolfgang Gartner" & "Dirty Disco Youth"

I was stumbled upon a remix promo for Britney's hit song "3" and I realized the song and it's remixes didn't have a dub treatment. I always like dubs because sometimes a remix doesn't need extra vocals to be hot. I felt like "3" definitely needed a dub. I then realized I had downloaded this dub from The Hype Machine a few months ago. It was exactly what I was looking for. Basically, the track was originally remixed by Wolfgang Gartner and then DDY re-remixed it and released this dub... Hot ass track. I promise.




2. Usher - Lil' Freak (feat. Nicki Minaj) from the forthcoming album "Raymond v. Raymond"

I already spent a whole blog on the video so I dare not get into it again over Nicki Garage...





1. Bark Bark Bark - Kiss From A Rose from the E.P. "Worst Dotted Line"

Here we are again... This song is so amazing... It's basically a sample of Seal's hit "Kiss from a Rose" but an electroclash version w/ a lil bit of nintendo 8-bit music. LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Check it out!

RECORD EXEC BITCHES GET A GRIP

0 comments:

Post a Comment