Thursday, October 14, 2010

'End of the Weak' Mix #9

I decided to keep the momentum going with another batch of songs I'm diggin' these past couple of weeks... Most of the selections have a featured artist on them. That's neat.

Who's ready to dance or die?



Brought to you by Pink Wigney


12. Tinie Tempah - I'm Hot (feat. M.I.A.)

I can't be the only one who is tired of every rapper sampling an M.I.A. song and then saying it features M.I.A. After saying that, I love this song. Tinie is amazing. Love his new album. Love his flows. He's the kind of rapper I dig. Love the whole dance music meets rap thing. His style is a little bit more grimey and dubsteppy.




11. Natalia Kills - Mirrors from the forthcoming debut album Perfectionist

Natalia's voice reminds me of Lady Gaga pre-Monster shit or whatever. I'm sure Akon didn't anticipate for Gag-A to become big and then forget about him. I love Natalia... I can't stand Lady Gag.




10. Pitbull - Hey Baby (Drop It to the Floor) [feat. T-Pain] from the forthcoming album Planet Pit

This song is the fuckin' jam. I don't normally care for T-Pain but damn this is fire. T-PAIN IS OUR GENERATION'S FREDDY MERCURY.




9. Livvi Franc - Nobody Loves Me

Another David Guetta production... except this one doesn't suck!




8. Kylie Minogue - Confide In Me (Justin Warfield Mix) from the album Kylie Minogue

There is something so sensual and hypnotic about this remix. It for the most part keeps the best part of Kylie's 1994 hit but still manages to transform it into something hip hopp-ish and abrasive sounding.




7. Tinie Tempah - Miami 2 Ibiza (vs. Swedish House Mafia) from the album Disc-Overy

This is HOT, okay? just trust me.



BONUS DOWNLOAD: Tinie Tempah - Pass Out (Remix) [feat. Snoop Dogg]


6. Jimmy Eat World from the deluxe version of Invented

Couldn't find a preview of the song! It's actually a cover of the band Superchunk. Totally cool song. It stays true to the original version yet reminds me of something that would've been on their album "Clarity".


5. Theophilus London - Sand-Castle Black X Blue (feat. Solange) from the mixtape The Charming Mixtape

There is something really cool about this song. No it's not the Solange sample and I'm sure that everyone knows I LOATHE Solange, but this song is really hot and I find myself not hating Solange.




4. Kanye West - Street Lights from the album 808's & Heartbreak

After a dear friend of mine passed, this song really made a little bit more sense to me.

A beautiful song... probably one of my favorite songs of all-time.




3. Afrojack - Take Over Control (feat. Eva Simons)

This song is my power anthem... I wanna dance to it all night long. Eva does her thing!!!




2. Kanye West - Monster (feat. Jay-Z, Rick Ross, Bon Iver, & Nicki Minaj)

Man... this shit is FIRE. It could do without Jay-Z, I guess. I think his rap is boring and too slow. Nicki's is ON POINT. I hate the bitch but damn... she did it on this one.




1. Shakira - Gordita (feat. Residente of Calle 13) from the forthcoming album Sale El Sol

THIS SONG IS AMAZING!!! Shakira knows how to make music! The lyrics are so sexual and Rene's rapping is on point...

not to mention Diplo did additional production on the track. I believe he said the drums. ~*the more you know*~~*~*



BONUS DOWNLOAD: Shakira - Devocion from the forthcoming album Sale el Sol

0 comments:

Post a Comment