Friday, September 24, 2010

'End of the Weak' Mix #8

I SHOULD BE POSTING WEEKLY!!! I know, I suck.

I don't have much to actually say except support the artists and whatnot.

Today's selection of songs is brought to you by furosh shaking of Whitney Houston's hair cape.





8. Kylie Minogue - Red Blooded Woman (Whitey Mix) from the album "Boombox: The Remix Album 2000-2008"

This is a very dubby inspired remix of Kylie's '04 single "Red Blooded Woman". Probably one of the highlights of "Boombox" aside from the Fischerspooner remix of "Come into my World" & Chemical Brother's remix of "Slow".




7. Kanye West - Runaway (feat. Pusha T) from the forthcoming album Dark Twisted Fantasy

Not 100% sure if this is the new single or not but either way it's insane. It's a powerful mid-tempo masterpiece that only the King can execute.



6. Sleigh Bells - Infinity Guitars from the album Treats

There is something about Sleigh Bells that I really like. It's like noise meets live instruments... most thrash/noise bands have distorted lyrics and lots of computer made instrumentation and Sleigh Bells has like the live sounding instruments with a really angelic sort of noisy quality.



also peep the video... it's pretty neat:

Sleigh Bells "Infinity Guitars" from Phil Pinto on Vimeo.



5. Ciara - Work (feat. Missy Elliott) from the album Fantasy Ride

I remember hearing this song a lot time ago but not really feeling it. It wasn't until I realized what voguing was and then I discovered that "Work" is basically celebrating the dance! I'm in LOVE with it.




4. Shakira - Loca (JS Mix) [feat. Dizzee Rascal] from the forthcoming album Sale el Sol

I love this song so much. Yes this is the english version of the song. It's also an "alternate mix" entiled "JS Mix". I have no idea who JS is (Junior Sanchez? hmm idk) either way... It's basically the same song except with a different instrumentation. It's a pretty solid song. Totally different from what Shakira has done and yet still something you may expect from the Queen.




3. Jimmy Eat World - Higher Devotion from the forthcoming album Invented

There is something about this song off of JEW's new album that I'm in love with. I can't really pin point it or quite explain it.



2. Jolin Tsai - Honey Trap from the album Myself

THIS IS MY NEW FAVORITE VOGUING SONG. I'm aware it's in Chinese... I love music I can't understand. The video seems very Korean inspired. The song is just so dancey and amazing. I love it.



Also check out the AMAZING video... Jolin vogues!!



(yes this is the song that the fat asian kid dances to that's been all around the internet)


1. Mark Ronson & The Business Intl - Lose It (In The End) [feat. Ghostface Killah & Alex Greenwald] from the forthcoming album Record Collection

I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS SONG. Mark Ronson's auto tuned vocals remind me of something from the 60's (like the Hollies or something) and yet Ghostface Killah's rap reminds you that this is a modern song. Totally fuckin' awesome.

2 comments:

Lynnette said...

You need to do more of these post so i cant get new music ideas!

http://turtle515.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

omg that Mark Ronson...

Post a Comment