Friday, October 29, 2010

'End of the Weak' Mix #10

You already know! It's finally update time! Can't sleep but don't actually feel like getting my day started so I figured I'd actually make a mix.

I really don't know why I'm saying "mix". That makes it sound like I'm a DJ or something. Trust me I'm not. I just like weird music. It's more a playlist and using the word "mix" in the traditional sense. of a "mixtape".

Today's mix is brought to you by Snookie's side eye and cunt face.



11. Mansions on the Moon - This Life (DJA / Mad Decent Remix) from the mixtape Benzi & Diplo Present... Paradise Falls

I hate to be like those stereotypical, thirsty fangirls that are on a certain "producers" or "sounds" cock but out of the MotM mixtape, I really loved the Mad Decent mix best. MotM are really good and their mixtape is okay. I just wished it was more original songs and not mixes... which weren't bad! just didn't really stand out. Well, except the DJA/Mad Decent one.




10. Sunday Girl - Hey Stop (Rusko Club Mix)

Still not quite sure how I feel about Sunday Girl. I feel like when you strip away whatever dj/remixer of the week off her songs and she's just a boring, pretentious white girl, yet I'm still fist bumping to the tracks.




9. Ciara - Turn It Up (feat. Usher)



Not sure why people don't like Ciara. She's not as basic as say Cassie and yet she's not as pretentious and annoying like Lady Gaga. Her music is fun to dance to! Get it Cici. Love this track a whole lot. Still not sure if the track is gonna be on her forthcoming album "Basic Instinct"


8. Kanye West - All Of The Lights (Unfinished Demo) [feat. Tony Williams] from the forthcoming album My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

I know Kanye isn't happy with the songs off the upcoming album leaking because they are unfinished but damn... the beat on this is FIRE. I CAN'T WAIT for the new album. It's gonna be AMAZING.




7. Paola & Chiara - Vanity & Pride (Demo)

I was introduced to this track by a friend a few years ago. I can't listen to it without thinking of him! so this is dedicated to Sal.

I love this song for two reasons: 1. I actually love how non-melodic their voices are. There isn't any singing or vocalizing... It's just very basic. It goes with the song really well. It doesn't try hard. 2. I can't hate a twist on an 80's sample.




6. The Naked & Famous - Young Blood (Chiddy Bang Remix)

I actually have no idea who The Naked & Famous are. Seem sorta hipster from a first judgement but whatever. Totally copped this for Chiddy Bang. Xaphoon Jones is a fuckin' genius. Chiddy is also an amazing rapper. This is fire.




5. Ke$ha - Sleazy from the forthcoming album Cannibal

I used to be disgusted and appalled at Ke$ha and this week I totally realized how much I love her. She seriously wants to just get wasted and fucked. She's probably more real than all these other pop starlets.

This Bangladesh produced track is a weird mix of some old Gwen Stefani falcon punched into an M.I.A. song.




4. Crystal Castles - Not In Love (feat. Robert Smith)

What do you do when you cover an Canadian 80's classic and then release it as a single? Get Robert Smith of the Cure to sing on it.

How absolutely crazy is this? love love love it.




3. Rihanna - Cold Case Love from the album Rated R

I'm not the biggest fan of Rihanna... but you can't deny a song that sounds so haunting and emotional. The production is just sick too. An amazing tune.




2. Ellie Goulding - Lights (Eyes Dubstep Remix)

What's with my fascination with girl singers and dubstep remixes? They go really well together. I'm still not sure about the whole dubstep thing. I was feelin' it for a while but then I started reading the pretentious ~hardcore dubstep~~*~ people write and it's like "seriously?". Relax, guys.

Anyway, I've been pussy poppin' to this for a week or two.




1. Ke$ha - We R Who We R from the forthcoming album Cannibal

this song... is my life source. i need it to live.

0 comments:

Post a Comment