Saturday, November 13, 2010

'End of the Weak' Mix #11

How exciting?! Mix #11 is here! How amazing has this year been musically? It's like 2007 all over again... The only thing missing is "Blackout".

Every years end I make a mix of my top 20 played songs of the year and I have NO idea how I'm gonna pick 20 for this year.

Have some upcoming compilation mixes coming soon. I need to quit being lazy. I have a female rap mix and a updated 'sexi dance' remix mix to upload.

This week's mix is brought to you by these two guys having a spontaneous dinosaur dance party (my favorite kind of party)



12. Natalia Kills - Zombie (Natalia Kills FrankMusik Remix)

Natalia Kills is, what I assume she is, Britain's answer to Lady Gaga. With that said, I love Natalia so much more. Where Lady Gaga is uninspiring, grating, and attention seeking; Natalia is not. They sound extremely similar vocally but Natalia has that carefree air about her that doesn't make my eyes roll when I see her name being mentioned.

Her song "Zombie" was released earlier this year but this remix is on point. The original is good but lacks "umpth". It sounds like a filler track on Rihanna's extremely boring "Rated R" album. This remix channels that creepy, dark pop vibe and turns the volume up to 50.




11. Alex Clare - Up All Night

A while back Diplo had a ustream up of him in New Orleans. In the ustream, Diplo let us meet this white (he looked like he had red hair but who knows when you are watching the shittiest stream available on the internet) angel with an acoustic guitar singing for us. It was amazing! Diplo also promised that he'd be big once his album dropped.

Fast forward to what? idk 10 months or so and his first single, which is produced by both Diplo & Switch, drops and it's INSANE. It's a weird mix of late 90's early 00's rock with a pseduo-reggaeton beat. Def check it out. Shit is fire. Can't wait to hear more from Alex.




10. Gucci Mane - Vampire (feat. Trina)

Gucci Mane has always been one of those boring rappers to me. I never really care for anything he had to say or rap about. A friend of mine made a mix of Trina featured songs in 2010 and in the mix was this track. Shit is fire. It's very chill and features the Diamond Princess.




9. Rihanna - Skin from the forthcoming album Loud

This song KILLS me. I'm not a huge fan of "Rated-R" edgy Rihanna but I loved her during the "Good Girl Gone Bad" stuff... Her new album "Loud" is a step above "Rated-R" but a flight of stairs below "Good Girl Gone Bad".

This song is just a raw, beautiful sensual sexy song.




8. Kanye West - Hell Of A Life from the forthcoming album My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

Who can hate Kanye West for sampling Ozzy Osbourne's "Iron Man"? I'm sorry but it sucks that Kanye is so talented but is just a fuckin' complete titty baby. It's so hard to like him when he acts like such a bitch.

I try not to let that get in the way of me liking his music.




7. Robyn - Time Machine from the forthcoming album Body Talk

The new songs that are on "Body Talk" that didn't come from part 1 or 2 are AMAZING. It's so weird to hear each song and then hear the lyrics and just relate to them. It's weird to actually relate to a dance song.

"Time Machine" actually has Robyn teaming back up with Max Martin who produced her hit "Show Me Love" back in the 90's. Flawless. Absolutely flawless.




6. Ke$ha - Blow from the forthcoming album Cannibal

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEW ALBUM... it's gonna be AMAZING. All the songs that I have heard so far are just... amazing.

"Blow" is no exception. A fuckin' dance banger.




5. Rihanna - S&M from the album Loud

Finally a nice dance song from Rihanna. The verses in my opinion are weak but once you get to the hook & chorus you completely forget about that.




4. Keri Hilson - I Like (Manhattan Clique Remix)

I still don't think I have much of an opinion on Keri. She's pretty basic... but this song is definitely 142314234 times better thanks to Manhattan Clique. A pretty good remix. Check it out.




3. Robyn - Get Myself Together from the forthcoming album Body Talk

This song... is just... I can't even explain it. Amazing beat combined with such heartbreaking lyrics. It touches every part of my psyche.

"I gotta get my head back on... i gotta get myself together. when this hurt is gone, i gotta get myself together"




2. Rihanna - Fading from the forthcoming album Loud

This song is another song that touches me lyrically. It samples an Enya song and it's about a person that she wants out of her life... just fuckin' amazing. A beautiful mid-tempo ballad.




1. Katy Perry - E.T. from the album Teenage Dream

Not sure how a 30 year old woman is a teenage dream but okay... I don't really care much for Katy Perry but I do admire some of the "Firework" video and after listening to her album I fell in LOVE with "E.T.".

It's like t.A.T.u.'s "All The Things She Said" but modernized. Flawless and sexy and sensual. This song has been on repeat for a while. I just LOVE it. There is something so dark and melodic about it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment