Thursday, June 10, 2010

NEW M.I.A. TRAX


Read more for the songs


M.I.A. - Steppin' Up



First up is "Steppin' Up" which is probably going to be on the new album, '/\/\/\Y/\'. This is exactly what I was craving for in a new M.I.A. song. Crazy instrumental and insane lyrics. I just LOVE it. I love the sound of the power tools through out the song. I hope there are more crazy songs on the album and less of that "Born Free" experimental bullshit.

Speaking of her album, did anyone catch what Diplo said about her album? He said, "just listened to mastr of the MIA album.. WOW.. my 3 trax r slammin! dunno bout the rest-sounds like skinny puppy & gives me nightmares". The tweet has since been deleted but it still makes me laugh... even if I have NO idea what he is saying.


M.I.A. - XXXO (Remix) [feat. Jay-Z]



I LOVE this song so much... even with the additional remixing (it's very minimal) and Jay-Z's vocals; I just love it so much more. Jay-Z & M.I.A. are no stranger to collabs (Boyz Remix & Swagga Like Us). It's nice to see them do something together again.

M.I.A. - I'm A Singer



This song is actually a week or two older. It was released via NEETRECORDING's blog. It's also known as "Haters" everywhere on the internet; however, clearly on the blog it's "I'm A Singer". Either way... It's not as crazy sounding as anything she's released recently, but there is a simpleness that I especially admire about the track.

0 comments:

Post a Comment